Choosing the right scrubs for your body type can enhance your comfort and appearance while working. Here are some tips to help you select the best scrubs for your body type:
1. Consider the fit: Scrubs should fit comfortably without being too tight or too loose. Pay attention to the size chart provided by the scrub manufacturer.
2. Body shape considerations: Different body types have specific considerations for flattering scrubs.
- Hourglass: If you have an hourglass figure with a well-defined waist, opt for scrubs that highlight your curves. Look for scrubs with waist cinching or fitted styles.
- Pear-shaped: If you have a pear-shaped body with wider hips and a narrower waist, such as V-necks or printed tops. For bottoms, go for straight or wide-leg pants that balance out your proportions.
- Apple-shaped: If you carry more weight around your midsection, opt for scrub tops that have a looser fit and avoid tops with tight bands at the waist. Look for pants with a higher rise that provide more coverage and comfort.
- Athletic/rectangle: If you have an athletic or rectangular body shape, consider scrubs that create the illusion of curves. Look for tops with ruffles, patterns, or pleats, and bottoms with detailing or cargo pockets.
3. Neckline and sleeve length: Choose a neckline that flatters your face shape and suits your workplace guidelines. Choose what makes you comfortable and suits your work environment.
4. Color and pattern selection: While comfort and fit are essential, color and pattern choices can also play a role in enhancing your appearance. Opt for colors that complement your skin tone and bring out your features. Patterns can add interest and help create a balanced look, but be mindful of choosing patterns that are not too overwhelming or distracting.
5. Fabric choice: Scrubs are available in a variety of fabrics, including cotton, polyester blends, and performance fabrics. Consider your workplace environment and personal preferences when selecting the fabric. Breathable and moisture-wicking fabrics are often preferred for their comfort and ease of movement.
6. Try before you buy: If possible, try on scrubs before purchasing them. Check if they allow freedom of movement and if they provide the desired fit and comfort. If you're buying online, ensure you can return or exchange the scrubs if they don't meet your expectations.
Remember, these tips are general guidelines, and personal preferences can vary. Ultimately, choose scrubs that make you feel comfortable, confident, and allow you to perform your job effectively. Please view our size chart here.